Friday, June 13, 2014

Back to the Desert

I have recently been reading Patrick Macrory's excellent history of the First Anglo-Afghan War, titled "The Fierce Pawns." This got the colonial juices flowing again in my brain and I decided to rake out my 10mm Sudan. There was actually more painted up than I remembered, enough in fact for a small game. So I threw together some rules (which have since gone through several revisions) and had a few small games. I took a few pics of the first couple games. The rules are now quite different from how they were in these games, and I seem to be closing in on a good workable system. Perhaps I'll post the current draft soon if anyone is interested?

I also uncovered the many packs of unpainted 10mm Sudan minis I have lying around. Lots to paint! And I wouldn't mind ordering a brigade's worth of Egyptians...

I also need to make some desert hills, as the cliffs seen in these pictures are probably much better suited to the NW Frontier than the Sudan.











3 comments:

  1. This is an excellent article. Thanks a lot for sharing.
    mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamil Nadu Board which Conducts the Examination of Plus Two in Month of March. Supplementary Examination Conducts in month of Jun. TN 12th Model Paper 2021 TN DGE board Annually and Private and Regular Students Participate in Plus One & Plus Two Examination every year more than laks of students.

    ReplyDelete